The Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot (EMPP) combines refugee resettlement and economic immigration. It’s a pathway that
- helps skilled refugees immigrate to Canada through existing economic programs
- gives employers access to a new pool of qualified candidates to fill job openings
Jumpstart Refugee Talent is excited to be one of the few NGO partners to collaborating with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to deliver this innovative program.
The EMPP is a unique opportunity for employers in Canada to connect with, and hire, skilled refugees overseas. IRCC has created the EMPP to support the Canadian labour market by helping Canadian employers access a new pool of potential employees.
- Employers get access to a new pool of international talent to fill job openings.
- Refugee-serving partner organizations will help you navigate the world of hiring refugees overseas, including:
- finding and hiring candidates, and
- providing employment-related resources and immigration-related services to the candidates you hire
- IRCC will process candidate permanent residence applications within 6 months, which is faster than normal processing times.
Learn more about this program by visiting IRCC’s employer page and contact Jumpstart Refugee Talent at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive talent acquisition support.
REFUGEES OUTSIDE CANADA
If you would like to immigrate to Canada through through economic immigration (EMPP) you must first register with our partner Talent Beyond Boundaries (TBB) and:
- be a refugee or other forcibly displaced person
- be interested to immigrate to Canada for employment
- create a profile on TBB’s Talent Catalog here: https://www.talentbeyondboundaries.org/talentcatalog/.
Important Note: Registering on TBB’s Talent Catalog is not a guarantee of employment. While they would like to support everyone, only a very small proportion of people registered on the Talent Catalog will ever be offered international employment. Thus people should continue to pursue other opportunities if/when they are available.
To summarize, if you are a refugee and want to come to Canada through the EMPP program, the first step is to register with TBB. Jumpstart is unable to work with you directly unless TBB refers you to us.
About the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot (EMPP)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) created the EMPP to help skilled refugees immigrate to Canada through existing economic programs to support Canadian labour market needs. To learn more about the program, please visit the IRCC EMPP website.